Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Warm up with White Chicken Chili.

Just like anything in life cooking can be as easy or hard as you make it, and it does not have to be something that you spend hours preparing either.  I hope that everyone will learn to love cooking as much as I do after reading my blog.  Cooking is something that can be done by one person or a whole family of people and is also a great way to save money and stay healthy. I know that for me I would much rather have home cooked meals than a pizza or burgers from the local restaurants. I control what goes into my food and how much of it is put in there and you can do it to.  You may be saying that you don’t have time to cook, but think about it in the time that it takes someone to go to a restaurant or drive to the local pizzeria you could have a delicious home cooked meal.  There is no time like the present to putdown the delivery menu and pick up a frying pan or for this simple recipe that I am about to share with you a soup pot. Since it is a chilly day outside I thought it would be good to warm up with a big bowl of White Chicken Chili.
Ingredients-
1 lb Chicken tenderloins chunked
1lb ground chicken
2 cloves of garlic diced
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 can northern beans
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can of corn drained
2 stalks of celery
2 packets McCormick's white chicken chili
3 cans water
Cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Directions-
In a large pan add the olive oil. Brown ground chicken and chunked chicken. Add garlic, onion, celery, corn, tomatoes, beans, seasoning packet and water. Bring to a boil the reduce heat simmer for 1-2 hours uncovered. Garnish with cheese and sour cream

This is a hearty recipe that will fill you up with one bowl. To add some extra flavor and as a side bake up some corn bread or lay out some tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. MMM sounds good im going to make that tonight!

    ReplyDelete